Senior Full Stack Engineer
As a passionate Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience, I commit to bringing technical knowledge and success to every project and organisation I work with.
I love web development in its entirety. I use modern but stable technologies, and I keep my knowledge updated.
- React, NextJS, Vue, Gatsby and Node.js
- HTML5 & friends, UX/UI design, Adobe Suite
- TDD, BDD, Jest and Mocha
- Devops: Docker, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Serverless, Firebase, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- Databases: SQL (Postgres, SQL Server). NoSQL (Mongo, DynamoDB). GraphQL
- Ruby, Python, Golang and WebAssembly
- Machine Learning: TensorFlow, Keras, scikit, R
- Agile principles and good professional soft skills
Senior Software Engineer. London, 01/2020 to present
TypeScript, React, Node, Kubernetes, SQL Server
- Built web monitoring and management tool for an important financial process
inpractise.com (side hustle)
Lead engineer. 10/2019 to present. Pre-seed startup (4 employees).
Development of web application. Setup of entire tech stack, including everything from the actual web application code to email provider setup.
Wisertag.com (side hustle)
Startup founder, 04/2019 to 12/2019.
Senior Software Engineer / DevOps / SRE. London, 04/2018 to 10/2019
React, Node, Golang, TypeScript, AWS (many services), Serverless (Lambda)
- Built multiple applications (React, Node, Next, GraphQL, Apollo). Hosted on AWS (ECS, CloudFront, DynamoDB, Lambda, ALB, DocumentDB).
- Built multiple static code analysers that parse every single GitHub commit using Node streams. They detect code that fails our security and standard policies. It automatically raises tickets to solve the problem.
- Set up and maintained multiple AWS accounts (VPC and EC2/ECS cluster config, CI/CD (Drone), Security Groups, IAM and others)
- Built Golang CLI tool used daily by all of our engineers
- Built NPM registry and NPMJS clone
HomeAway / VRBO (Expedia)
Senior Software Engineer. London, 11/2016 to 03/2018
React, Webpack, Redux, Node, Docker, AWS, SEO/SEM, SSR, A/B Testing, high traffic, i18n and l18n, AI/ML
- Highly optimised and resilient server side rendered React/Node application for all HomeAway brands.
- Implemented tens of A/B tests and built a Chrome extension to manage them
- Interviewed many Software Engineering candidates
- Tech lead and mentor in an Agile team
Senior Software Engineer. London, 03/2016 to 10/2016
React, Meteor, Webpack, Gulp, Node, C#, .NET, SEO, Devops, AWS, PaaS
- Built a CRM tool with Meteor and React
- Tech lead in a team of 6 Software Engineers
Software Engineer. Luxembourg, 03/2014 to 03/2016
Open Source / Freelance
2011 to present
- github.com/carlosbaraza - Many projects and contributions
- github.com/carlosbaraza/web-assembly-logo - Designed official WebAssembly logo
- Many projects like the following:
B.Eng. Industrial Electronics and Automation Engineering
University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, 2009 to 2013
Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT), Ireland, 2012 to 2013
Software Engineering (Lifelong learner)
1997 to present
- English - Fluent. C1. First Certificate of Cambridge
- French - Fluent. B2. DELF. University of Lorraine (Nancy, France)
- Spanish - Native