- Carlos Baraza
- I write software and other philosophical stuff.
Role: Software Engineer
Length: 2 years. 02/2014-02/2016
Kneip is one of the fund data management leaders. Kneip has 300 employees. It provides software solutions and support for fund managers.
- Developed features for AIFMD regulation in Fundlook. These features were sold for millions of euros to our clients.
- Engineered and developed an internal monitoring tool with Node and Angular that will save the company days on looking for issues.
- Developed Kneip's web browser extension (Google Chrome).
- Designed and implemented JSON and SOAP REST APIs, asynchronous worker jobs, input data file handlers, CMS and multiple report generators.
- Helped other team members with BDD practices, to ensure they were always followed. Continuous integration workflows. Mostly using Cucumber, RSpec and Mocha.
- CI tweaks and improvements (e.g. developer tools to get a screenshot, HTML snapshot and logs of the failing scenarios/specs). This saved hours troubleshooting failures on the CI.
- Dockerization of services/web applications, in order to reduce environment-related issues.
- Ticket management with Jira. GITflow-based branching model
- Managed deployments to staging environments.
- Contributed to open source projects used in Kneip's software.
- Applied UX design principles to deliver appealing web user interfaces. User experience was always the priority during the development.